Have you thought about it carefully and decided to get a puppy? Then it is important that you pay attention to a number of things! In this blog, we will discuss a number of topics that you should consider carefully when buying a puppy.
Choice of the type of breed
First of all, it is important that you think about what type of dog is right for you. Not every dog is suitable to be with someone in the house. Points to keep in mind are:
- Character : It is important to choose a character that suits your family situation. A certain breed may need a lot of exercise, but it is important that you can also give this to the dog.
- Reason : The reason for getting a puppy is also important. Do you want him as a companion animal, as a guard dog, do you want to run or hunt with him?
- Size : It is also important, whether the puppy and certainly the growing dog will fit in your house.
- Care : Your puppy and later also your dog must be taken care of on a daily basis. Feeding should be done at regular times and your puppy should be taken out several times a day. Brushing the coat, brushing teeth and clipping nails are also things that have to be done several times
- Costs : It is important that you check whether you have enough budget to buy a puppy. Costs include for dog accessories, courses, vet costs and any kennel costs.
You can often find a list of planned and just born litters through breed clubs. The puppy is more likely to be healthy if neither parent has any disease. It is important that the breeder does not have litters too often, that it is no longer healthy for the mother dog. Find a breeder that you feel comfortable with and take a good look at what type of breeder you are dealing with.
Watch the Video How You Can Choose the Best Breed of Dog.
Questionnaire for Breeder
You usually have the first contact with the breeder by telephone or email. It can be useful to make a list of all the questions you have.
Topics you can ask about are:
- Health of the puppy’s parents and relatives?
- How are the puppies growing up now?
- What does the breeder expect from you?
Choose a puppy from the litter
With some breeds a puppy test is taken when the puppy is about 7 weeks old. The purpose of this test is to map the basic character of the puppies in social and work areas. Does the puppy socialize with his brothers and sister or does he prefer to lie separately? Does he participate in games, has he started the game or is he not really participating?
Observe how the puppy reacts as you approach. A puppy who makes contact quickly will be less monstrous than a puppy who keeps more distance. A healthy, social and people-friendly dog will come to greet you and will also be curious. You can also ask if the puppy can go out of the run to see if he responds. If you think that he comes across as very insecure, while the breeder says otherwise, it cannot be wrong to look again at a later time to see what the character really is like.
The most important thing is that you have a good feeling with the breeder and of course with the puppy its like ‘ check out the best bras for older women‘ in choosing a bra you should be comfortable in using it not just buying or getting it because you want it you should always pay attention on the brand like buying dogs you should choose wisely and think if you can surely take care of the dog. When in doubt, you better not do it!